Sunday, October 14, 2012

How to remove makeup PROPERLY

It is a truth universally acknowledged that removing makeup at the end of the day is essential haha!
But seriously, it is very important that you don't sleep in your makeup. Especially, if you wear a whole face of makeup on a daily basis, you don't want makeup to plug your skin. It is also not really sanitary either. I always keep some makeup remover wipes with me, just in case if I'm too tired to do the whole face cleansing routine at night. I wouldn't suggest using those wipes every day, but occasionally it's perfectly fine.

How to cleanse our faces properly???
What you need: 1) cotton pads
                        2) makeup remover
                        3) some q-tips
                        4) soap (preferably organic)

I'll tell you what I do to cleanse my  face and explain why I do it this way.

STEP 1
I tend to use a makeup cleansing milk because it's very creamy and more gentle to the skin. I think you are better off with a creamy product than a toner because toners tend to be too drying on the skin. I like using Garnier's Clean&Fresh Complete Cleansing Milk with Grape extract.


My ultimate favourite of all makeup removers is Bioderma's Sensibio H2O which is great for sensitive skin, it doesn't irritate the eyes and removes waterproof makeup as well.

I put a small amount of the product on a cotton pad and gently cleanse my whole face. Then for the eye area I take another one and again GENTLY press it on the eye and leave it there for 10 seconds. The product will break down the makeup and you can easily wipe off the excess. Then you can take a cotton swab and put a little cleansing milk on it to reach the smaller areas, and also run it among the eyelashes.


STEP 2
Now you should have most of your makeup removed. But here's the TRICK!!! Afterwards, it's not enough to just rinse off your face with water because that does not get rid of all of the cleansing milk. That's why I use an organic face soap/black soap to deeply cleanse my whole face. So cleanse once more with the organic soap and your face will feel clean and fresh! I really love the Himalaya Herbals organic soaps, they're fantastic and cheap, and you can find one for any skin type. But any organic soap or black soap will do.




STEP 3
Dry your face with a towel which is used for your face only, and again be gentle, do not rub your skin just gently press the towel to your skin. Then apply some night creme on your face. The best night cremes are the ones which do not feel greasy on the skin, but have a long lasting hydrating effect for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment